Monday, October 6, 2008

October...

I am not a big fan of October...actually if it wasn't for God's amazing grace and love I would simply hate October. I should probably explain shouldn't I?

October is full of some pretty bad memories for me. Sophomore year of high school I lost my boyfriend, pretty much all of my friends, and turned my back on God during this dreadful month. But see this is where I debate on whether the month is good or bad. Now, God really uses my 'october' to minister to people. Because of what I went through and learning what its like to hit rock bottom before I fully rely on Him I wouldn't be who I am today without October.
Thinking about it, God really likes getting my attention during the month of October...hm. Senior year of highschool at the end of October I found out my mom was sick, once again causing me to fall flat on my face before relying on God. I would say I have mastered the art of reliance and falling on my face, but regretfully I say I still struggle.

I don't know why I decided to write about my 'october' but lets be honest, it kinda gets me down. I rejoice in the power of Jesus to save me from the horrible memories of sophomore year and heal my mom but memories don't disappear easily. So, it is my goal to rejoice this month about being alive with the knowledge that God has conquered my past and the grave!

I don't know what your "October" is, but rejoice in the power of the cross! Rejoice in the blessed assurance of Jesus Christ. :)

No comments: