Sunday, June 1, 2008

the day after today

8:24 PM, Smolensk, Russia

Tomorrow...that's right, I get to be in my sweet, beautiful, Russia tomorrow (well, I leave tomorrow..get there Tuesday). I am beyond excited, but in a way that is wierd for me because 7 months ago I told my parents I was not going to Russia, God had different plans. God has big plans for Russia and I am a part of that and I don't know why I even considered not going this year.
There are different areas you can be prayinf for the team if you would like. Thanks! Pray for traveling safety, boldness to share the gospel, wisdom, patience, obedience in God's will, and good health for us all. Pray for the children, that their hearts and minds would be open to our stories, bible lessons, testimonies, and our hearts. Most of the children are christians, so it is important that there is growth in their lives. Pray for the orphanage workers so that they can see God loves them too and salvation is not just for the children. Pray for the church we will be attending, that they will be encouraged by seeing us there, supporting them and they will have the daily boldness to stand up for Christ in a desperate land. So, до свидания, (goodbye), я люблю Вас, (I love you!)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I know you won't get this til you get back probably, but just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I know God is doing great things with you. love you friend!