Friday, July 4, 2008

день три

Look how on top of things I am, Day 3 only two days after Day 2.

Our third day at the orphanage was Friday, the day I was responsible for teaching the bible lesson. We opened the day up with a general assembly with a skit, some music, and a testimony. The skit corresponded with my Bible lesson, The Widow's Mite. The skit went really well.

When I taught the three different age groups I asked someone or different people to tell me what happened during the skit they saw earlier. It was soo amazing to see these kids rattle off all the details of the skit, WITH ENTHUSIASIM. I didn't really have to do much explaining of the Bible lesson because they already knew the details. I just asked questions and made a connection of how even though they do not have a lot of material things God only wants their heart. To remphasize the point I gave each of them ONE piece of candy and asked them to not keep it, but give it away to a friend in the orphanage. I hope they did, I don't know for sure, but I know God worked in their hearts.

The rest of the day was fun; I played outside with the kids for awhile, and took cool pictures with my new camera. That evening for dinner we went to the workers homes. I went with the Masseys and Nealeys. The lady's home we went to is a Night Caretaker, so basically she makes sure the kids stay in their room and she gets them all in bed at night. We found out one of the boys who graduated last year is staying with her while he is in school, Praise God for people like her to make sure these kids stay on track!!! He is going to mechanic school and then will be able to get a job and make something of himself despite his situation.

No comments: