Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The long awaited Day 2

So, for those that read this, thank Lindsey for making me actually finish.

Day two started with me sharing a devotion on the way to the orphange! It went really well. At the end of the school year I had been challenged by Megan to memorize an entire chapter of scripture, I chose Psalm 18. So, during my devotion I shared some thoughts on the first few verses. The first two verses talk about different characteristics of God: strength, delieverer, fortress, rock/refuge, shield, and ultimately our salvation. Anyways, I shared how God was those things specifically on our trip. Everyone really liked it and it was great to get a glimpse of what I'll do every week leading my bible study with Anna Beth for Crusade!

During the second day I stayed in music to help with the kids. It was great because I actually used my Russian! I could remember certain phrases and words to at least get the kids to do something. In the afternoon during the tea with the orphanage teachers and caregivers I shared my testimony. It was great sharing my heart about God's everlasting love. Despite all of my worrying God used my words to speak to this girl who was a grandaughter of one of the workers. Later we talked and I learned that she went through similar stuff after a boy broke up with her and her world fell apart.

I was able to talk to one of the translators and learn about her, where she learned English, what she does, and her family. It is neat to develop a relationship with the ladies in Russia, she even invited me to stay with her family next year if I stay in Russia longer.

After dinner I learned a few more things about Eliza. She will be 13 in July, in the 4th grade, and during the summer she goes to camp and spends a week or so with her family. (She has a mom, sister, nephew, and grandmother still living).

Thursday was also the sad day my camera deleted a ton of pictures, but I made up for it and took plenty more!

Well that was Thursday, enjoy!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I'm glad that I was deserving enough to get mention in here!;)