Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lift Us Up to Fall

So a friend of mine, Caitlin, introduced me to a new band, Tenth Avenue North. And recently I have become quite addicted to them. For those that know Needtobreathe and like them, you'll like Tenth Avenue North. Anyways, by far my favorite song is Lift Us Up to Fall.

We’re waiting here
Waiting for you God
With our hopes and fears
We come empty hands held out
Lord draw us near
Heal these broken hearts
And lift us up to fall before everything you are

That's the chorus and it just reminds me of how unworthy we are to have the oppurtunity to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We do have empty hands and broken hearts, but we can come to God with all of that. The last line of the chorus has become my daily prayer lately; that God would lift me and bless my life so much that I can do nothing but fall at His feet and worship Him for all that He is. Maybe this makes no sense to anyone that actually reads this, but it has really hit home for me. Basically, I am striving to live in an attitude or worship towards my Father in Heaven.

So, thats that. Life is good, God is good (all the time). I am in a friend's wedding on Saturday and I am so excited for her. In a few weeks friends from Clemson are coming to go to a Hootie and the Blowfish concert, then I'll hopefully be going to the beach with the Big Ash, and next it is time for SCHOOL! Yes, I am excited about going back to school, not necessarily my classes but everything else. More to come about all of the awesome opportunities awaiting me in Clemson.

до свидания!!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

oh how I love me some tenth avenue north. i'm addicted too :)