Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kaleo: to be called

I'm not exactly sure how to gather all my thoughts about this weekend into one comprehendable blog post. It was more than I expected on some levels and way off from my expectations on other levels.


I guess the big picture I took away from this weekend is to be more open about God's plan for my life. Because of my heart for Russian and specifically orphans I had began to center my focus on working with orphans in Russia. God really opened my eyes this weekend that I, without a doubt have a calling to Russia, but I don't know the rest of the story.


We had three different large sessions with all the conference attendees. Doctor Alvin Reid, Derwin Gray, and J.D. Greear spoke on different aspects of being called. In those I definitely realized that I am called to missions, but right now my mission field is Clemson and I need to make sharing the gospel with the campus my priority. J.D. Greear, pastor at The Summit Church, talked about not sitting and waiting on God to spell out a country or whatever in your cheerios. I was definitely convicted of waiting on God to spell out Russia in my cheerios and not taking advantage of all the lost souls around me.


Another point that really hit home was how awesome, in a sense, my testimony is and how it can be so powerful. One of the breakout sessions talked about our PLACE in ministry and how much our past experiences can be a great way to consider how to minister to others. I was sitting there and felt God really say to me, "this is what I'm talking about..." I had never really thought about God using me in Russia to minister to teenage girls going through what I faced in highschool. All of that kind of goes with being open to what God will have me to do in Russia and not to dare close any doors!


This was an incredible weekend of encouragment having 200 other highschool, college, and seminary students around me facing the same challenges as me. Not to mention, Caitlin and I had a ton of laughs and ten hours to play catch-up.
Plus...I won a me-sized painting of Jesus >>
And no I'm not even kidding!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy the painting. I hope God gives you your wish for Russia. Went there once and did my art. God bless you.

Kerry Jackson (the artist)

Caitlin said...

oh whatever, mine is no better than yours. but i am so glad we went together and can't wait to see what God does in both of our futures!! love you friend

also, the code that i had to type in to post this said "uuizjew" which sounds like "you is jew" hahahahaha